Wednesday, October 31, 2012

So Many Blog Post Ideas, So Little Time

It's Halloween already.  I've been so swamped with sewing & embroidery orders I haven't been able to do much else.  Before I go nuts trying to decorate the house for the trick-or-treaters, I thought I would try my hand at something I've been dying to do for awhile:  face painting.

Note:  It's hard to paint your own face without your bifocals on.  (Just sayin'.)

Outside.  And no, even though it's Halloween, those are NOT those stupid "orbs"
everyone's always talking about.  I really need to clean my lens.

The other photo shows the colors better, but this one shows
the design much more clearly.
And yes, my camera really likes to focus.  On itself.

Other things happening on the home front:

I got to work on at least one Halloween costume this year.  A friend of mine wanted to be a Smurfette, but wanted to be comfortable while working the typical 9 to 5 in a cubicle.  So we dyed a white shirt and some leggings that pretty aqua Smurf blue color, only the leggings were too high in synthetic content and wouldn't take the dye as well as the cotton shirt did.  So Phase Two included running out to the local fabric store, buying some inexpensive flat-fold jersey (that neither of us could help "petting" repeatedly - it was that soft) and a pattern for leggings.  The leggings made up in about an hour, start to finish.  I may just have to go buy that pattern for myself.  (Wonder how long leggings will stay in style this time around?)  Anyway, my friend now has an awesome custom dyed t-shirt, some really comfy leggings, and a Halloween costume that she can use again.

And I think she makes a really cute Smurfette, don't you?




Other creative stuffs:

Guess who finally finished his mom's custom-decorated slip-ons from Payless?
These.  Are.  AWESOME.
And I'm the only one with a pair so far (hee hee hee).

Embroidery jobs that flew through here lately:

Note to future customers:  when you tell your students that they need to
purchase a white polo top to have custom embroidered, you might want
to mention that they should select a shirt WITHOUT an existing logo.
That C and crest weren't part of my custom design.
Should have taken a picture of the cuter one, though - the Falcon
looked like it was about to capture the Tommy Hilfiger flag logo.

For a band mom.
Whose three kids in the program all have interesting nicknames.



And last (but not least), here is the Sewing Assistant doing his best to look like a scary Halloween kitteh:

Happy Halloween!

       







1 comment:

  1. Hey there Hun! I wasn't sure if you would see the comment I posted on my blog.
    My facebook page is

    www.facebook.com/angelfairydustrefashionsuk

    Or add me as a friend, Lauren Angelfairydust Duffy x

    ReplyDelete