Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where's Mine?

Ah.  The Sewing Assistant is at it again.  I haven't been posting much because I'm so busy with client orders, most of which I'm reluctant to post in case someone steals an idea.  That wouldn't be cool, but it does happen. There is one client, though, that I think the Sewing Assistant would marry if he could.  She custom dyes and creates blankets & things from stretch bamboo velour, which is so ridiculously plushy you just want to spend all day curled up with it, and let the rest of the world go hang.  (TakaraBaby.com - click on Photo Gallery to see oodles and oodles of custom dyed awesomeness. When you get there, click on her Flickr stream and check out DS Co-op 2011 and Stripes.)

So you can understand and possibly forgive Neko for his obsession with this client and her goods.  I think these photos explain a lot:

This is NOT for client.  This is for the Sewing Assistant.
You MUST be mistaken.  Check the order again, please.

Apparently, you did not hear me correctly, Mom.  MINE.
Sleeping on three blankets, pins and all.  Right in back of
the sewing machine, so I couldn't move the fabric through.
Once again, the Sewing Assistant is fired.

And he still did not get the memo.

It was at this point that I begged the client to please give me
scraps of any color, any size, so I could piece together a
decoy blanket to distract him long enough to work on the real ones.

(Drool.....)  She brought this big blanket here for me, right?
(Calculating....speed.....distance.....jump strength.....trajectory...)

Mom keeps shooing me off my big blanket.  I KNOW there are
some scraps in here for me.  I just KNOW it.

Maybe they are just a little further in.....

Cool stringy thingies.  But no scraps.

Sad face.  The client forgot to bring the scraps this time.

(Recalculating......)

So, like I said.  This blanket is.....

...MINE.  


No comments:

Post a Comment