Sunday, May 1, 2011

Never Enough Time for All These Ideas

Found a remnant at one of my favorite fabric haunts (M & L Fabrics in Anaheim) and I just have to make something with it.  Only problem is, I have about 500 other projects that I "just have to make" sitting in my workroom as I speak.  I know I'm not the only one with this problem, but I don't want this remnant to disappear before I can figure out what I'm going to do with it.

SAMURAI !!!!



Yes.  Those are Samurai swordsmen galloping around the fabric.  Much too cool to pass up.  It's a simple cotton, so I'm thinking it may not be sturdy enough for a handbag.  But I want it on something that's going to get used, something that will be seen.

I know what you're thinking.  The Cat Bus needs something made out of this.  He's actually more Ninja-like; but I wonder if I'll ever find something along those lines?  Besides, he's shedding copiously at the moment (thank you, Santa Ana winds) and he would obscure those neat Kanji or the Samurai themselves.  Within minutes.  He's currently supervising a minor remodeling project involving white furniture, and my son and his friend are at their wits' end trying to keep him off of/out of/away from said white furniture.  Silly me, when checking to see if the unit doors had come in at Ikea, I found some white curtains in the "As-Is" bin (another of my favorite haunts).  After seeing him unload a second cat's worth of fur all over the furniture, I can just imagine what the bottom of the curtains will look like by the end of next week.  Thankfully, they are washable.  And for less than $40 for two sets (one for the family room, and one to replace the vertical blinds the Sewing Assistant has completely trashed in my bedroom), I couldn't pass them up, even if it means washing them every week.

Cat-Bus in his newfound garage.  Also known as TV stand.


Oh, Hai!!!  You iz jus' in time to see garage become Ninja-Warrior Kitteh bed!

Comfy...I kin has napz now?  

Maybe I should put the Samurai fabric at the bottom edge of the curtains......


No comments:

Post a Comment